2021-22 PRE-BUDGET SUBMISSION
- Early Childhood Education
- Job Services and Programs
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- National Child Protection Policy
- Labour Market Policy
- Women’s Policy
This budget submission proposes that:
- Early childhood learning becomes a National Cabinet priority. The Commonwealth Government leads States and territories in developing a shared vision and implementing an initial 3-year plan towards creating a world leading early childhood learning system by 2030
- The Commonwealth Government take steps towards a revitalised early childhood learning system in Australia, by
- Enhancing Preschool:
- 3-Year-Old Preschool: Make high-quality 3-year-old Preschool accessible in all Australian states.
- 4-Year-Old Preschool: The Commonwealth Government enter into a 5 Year National Agreement with State and Territories; with a set percentage of funding being incentive-based for measurable improvements in service quality; attendance for vulnerable and disadvantaged children; with a focus on regional and remote areas.
- Affordability and Workforce Productivity:
Improve childcare access and affordability to improve workforce participation and ensure Australia fully recovers from the COVID-19 crisis (see specific recommendations page 9).
- Early Childhood Workforce:
Make a significant financial commitment to the soon to be released National Early Childhood Education and Care Workforce Strategy, with the Commonwealth Government matching new State and Territory contributions for the Strategy.