- Women’s Policy: Early Childhood Education
- Job Services and Programs
- Labour Market Policy
- Primary and Secondary Schools
This pre-budget submission recommends that the Commonwealth Government:
1. Place Early Childhood Development on the National Cabinet Agenda and establish a National Federation Reform Taskforce on Early Childhood Development.
2. Increase Paid Parental Leave (PPL) from 18 to 26 weeks and encourage parental leave to be shared between parents with a bonus of 2 weeks (making up a total of 26 weeks) PPL if the leave is shared. Increase PPL to 30 weeks by 2025.
3. Make high-quality 3-year-old preschool accessible in all Australian States and Territories by extending the new preschool Reform Agreement to 3-Year-Olds.
4. Immediately implement an interim 10% wage supplement for all early childhood educators and make provision to meet the additional costs through adjustments to the Commonwealth Child Care subsidy.